It is the primary responsibility of the Engineer to perform special projects across the resort. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental policies, practices and procedures. Engineer must be proficient and versatile in a number of building trades which may include; painting, carpentry, plumbing, HVAC, kitchen appliances, electrical, and general mechanics
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, and other duties may be assigned.
- Performs carpentry work; installing and repairing drywall, metal and wood framing work, installing roofing frames, rafters, partitions, joists and stud work, designing and installing cabinets, shelving, fitted furniture, drywall and insulation and adding fixtures and fittings such as door handles, locks, hinges and closures, repairing furniture, constructing shelves, applying finishing material such as linoleum, vinyl flooring and proclaim tile. Transports equipment, furniture and supplies manually and/or using aides such as dollies and carts. Operates a motor vehicle to pick up and move goods and supplies. Assemble, place and hang furniture, fixtures and equipment.
- Performs painting work; Preparing surfaces to be painted by washing them, filling holes and cracks with putty and sanding them until they’re smooth, Applying primer and other sealers to paint surfaces to ensure that paint sticks to them, Mixing and matching paint, stain and other finishes to job specifications, Applying paint, stain and other finishes to paint surfaces using paintbrushes, rollers or sprayers
- Performs plumbing work; installing, maintaining and repairing pipe including joints, valves, drains and fixtures in all types of structures. Replacing sinks and toilets
- Performs electrical work; installing switches, replacing plugs and other basic appliance repairs, applying paint and other finishes.
- Builds forms and places concrete as required. Cuts out and patches asphalt. Removes and/or installs paver bricks, barbecue grills, installs and repairs fencing and barriers, etc.
- Cleans external areas such as entrance ways, sidewalks and parking lots using manual and power equipment, brooms and other equipment to remove dirt, and other materials.
- Performs small construction and repair projects not covered by contractors. Ability to assist all other trades when needed.
- Cleans up work area and leaves it in a neat, safe condition. Must always adhere to all safety requirements and use the proper personal protective equipment (PPE) while performing the job.
- Drive golf carts and company tagged vehicles as per policy. Operate scissor and boom lifts and climb ladders to access elevated areas such as ceilings and catwalks when certified. Sets up and uses ladders and/or scaffolding, as well as boom and scissor lifts
- Operates heavy equipment such as front-end loader, forklift, and related equipment if properly trained and licensed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Ability to read and understand blueprints.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Comprehensive health benefits – medical, dental and vision
- Paid Time Off (PTO) – vacation, sick, and personal
- Paid Holidays
- 401K with generous company match
- Get access to your pay as you need it with our Daily Pay benefit
- Family benefits including pregnancy, and parental leave and adoption assistance
- Wellness Programs
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Military Leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Life, Disability, Accident, Critical Illness & Hospital Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Exclusive discounts for Team Member (i.e., hotels, cruise, resorts, restaurants, entertainment, etc.)
- Advancement & development opportunities
- Community Involvement Programs
Westgate Resorts is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status or any other protected status under federal, state or local law. If you have a disability and believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to complete your application or any part of the recruiting process, please email WGAccommodations@wgresorts.com with the job title and the location of the position for which you are applying.