Specialist, Vendor Managed Inventory
Build a better career with MSC.
Serving customer and community starts with the very best people doing their very best work. That is precisely what we have at MSC Industrial Supply Co., a leading North American distributor of metalworking and maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products and services. Watch HERE to find out why you should work at MSC and join us as we continue to build a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Requisition ID :12181
Employment Type :Full Time
Job Category :Inventory Management
Potential Work Location :United States : Minnesota : Minneapolis
Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI) Specialist
Want to be part of a fast-moving, customer-focused, value-driven team? Come join our world-class group that is literally at the “tip of the spear” when it comes to delivering solutions to our customers. Execution of MSC solutions is what we are all about and the combined exposure to sales and supply chain will give you a tremendous opportunity for advancement. This is a very innovative team that is looking for someone to help us build our future.
VMI Specialist—including military veterans with relevant experience—to establish productive relationships with key individuals at assigned customers and provide supplemental service support for outside sales associates in the areas of conversions, ordering stock, vending solutions, putting away orders, 5S handling of service and equipment, and expediting. Enjoy flexibility and tap your specialized expertise to grow with an industry leader.
- Travel daily in your company-provided automobile to support the implementation of Vendor Managed Inventory programs at customer locations in your territory.
- Ensure appropriate customer stock levels, generate new orders for merchandise, and obtain customer approval to place orders when required.
- Unpack orders, check accuracy of shipments, and put away stock at customer locations.
- Provide communication and feedback to sales representatives and supervisor as appropriate to ensure full customer satisfaction.
- Perform general (5S) housekeeping for service equipment and immediate area.
WHAT IT TAKES
The service-focused, independent-minded VMI Specialist we seek should have these qualifications.
- Computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Valid driver’s license and the ability to travel daily more than 80% of the time within branch or market territory, including occasional overnight travel
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs., based on customer needs
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Supply chain and process improvement experience preferred
- Customer service experience, including one year of related industry experience preferred
- Relevant military experience a plus
Compensation starting at $18.50 / hour and up dependent on candidate location and experience.
Why MSC? People. Collaboration. Insight. That’s how you build something that works. Built on a foundation of trust, MSC works side by side with our customers to help them drive business results. With more than one million product offerings and 75+ years of experience across industries, MSC strives to help our customers achieve greater productivity, profitability, and growth through inventory management and other innovative supply chain solutions. We care about our associates and have programs in place to help our 6,500+ team members achieve their potential.
When you join our team, you will receive rewards and recognition for your contributions, training and professional development opportunities, Associate Inclusion Circles: Women, Pride, Black, Veterans, HOLA and DisABLEd as well as a variety of benefits to support you and your family's health, well-being, and financial future. If you are inspired to learn, take risks, and succeed as a team, you can build a better career at MSC.
Equal Opportunity Statement: At MSC, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all qualified applicants and our associates without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or any category protected by applicable law. By applying to this job you agree to the Application and Acknowledgment Declaration terms. Click HERE to review.