Star Express Cashier
Looking for a fast-paced work place? Star Express is a growing convenience store chain in Central Virginia. We are looking for FRIENDLY and SMILING faces. Benefits of a flexible schedule, ADVANCEMENT OPPORTUNITY, and being part of a small GROWING team.
A Cashier is responsible providing excellent customer service by being a model of the following values on a daily basis. These positions reports to the General Manager.
- Integrity: doing the right things every day to protect each other and the business
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: displaying passion and enthusiasm for the products we sell and the ultimate success of our business
- Professionalism: being respectful, courteous and friendly at all times to our customers, vendors and each other
- Discipline: maintaining urgency, hard work, and accuracy as we perform our work
Principal Responsibilities: Provide our customers with a fast, fun and friendly shopping experience
- Ensure cash handling is accurate
- Ensure that products are available and services are in working order to help us drive market sales
- Keep the bathrooms, floors, parking lots, pumps and grounds in immaculate condition
- Follow all security and safety procedures to protect fellow teammates, customers and our business from harm
- Be knowledgeable about all aspects of the interior food preparation and sales business
Education and Experience: Requires High School diploma or equivalent Customer Service experience preferred*
- Cash handling skills
- Food service experience preferred
Competencies critical to being successful in this role are: Ability to provide quality customer Service experience Ability to effectively communicate with associates and guests Ability to read, count and write to accurately complete all documentation
- Ability to work in a convenience store
- Ability to work in a high volume food operation
- Strong selling and merchandising skills
- Ability to work flexible hours'
Work Location: Multiple locations available with our growing company.Work Remotely: No
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $14.00 - $17.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
To keep our employees and customer safe, we have installed plastic barriers, sanitizing requirements, hand santizers and other measures.