Store Manager- Dulux
Retail Store Manager Dulux Paints, Brampton, Ontario
Do you want to take your career to the next level? Want to be a vital part of an exceptional company with fantastic employee benefits and a competitive salary while managing a growing team? Then look no further, Dulux Paints, a PPG Company is a Fortune 200 company, functioning globally with over 45,000 employees, and growing!
Dulux Paints, a PPG Company, is immediately hiring a Retail Store Manager . As a Store Manager, you will use your gifts for inspiring others to achieve exceptional business results. Make your mark by running your own store, where you will be responsible for leading your team to deliver outstanding customer service and growing a successful store.
· Achieve sales and profit plan by controlling expenses, working capital, inventory, shrinkage, and growing net contribution
· Focus on customer service by ensuring that high service standards are maintained
· Maintain a high level of associate engagement through effective leadership
· Recruit, train, direct, empower, field, and resolve associate issues.
· Ensure that the appearance of the store's exterior and interior, including merchandizing displays, are maintained to required standards.
· Provide leadership, and direction to the store associates
· Work with Sales Team to ensure sales metrics are met
· Coordinates the relationship between customers and store associates.
· Ability to lift heavy pails of paint, using material handling equipment
· Ability to distinguish the difference between colours
As the Store Manager, you will provide care to our DIY customers and contractors on products and applications. As Store Manager, you will build a culture and lead the team throughout the day. You will provide hands on support with tinting, mixing and colour matching. You will take orders, as well as ship and receive products. You will assure that sales and profit goals are achieved while adhering to all PPG policies and procedures including policies on health and safety and ethics. You will also assist with merchandising, inventory control, monthly expenses as well as payroll and associate scheduling support.
· One to three years of retail store experience required
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Previous retail management experience, or outside sales experience is strongly preferred
· Ability to work flexible shifts and hours, minimum 45 hours required per week
· Must possess a valid driver's license
· Must be able to lift 50 lbs on a regular basis and 70-80 periodically.
· The confidence to assess the customer's needs and advise solutions.
· Has self-confidence and encourages self-confidence within the team
· Time Management, problem-solving, strategic planning
· Able to operate POS system, telephone system and knowledge of Microsoft programs
· Broad knowledge of paint industry, paint products and their applications would be considered an asset but not necessary
PPG: WE PROTECT AND BEAUTIFY THE WORLD™
Here at PPG, we make it happen, and we seek candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our values, with the commitment and drive to strive today to do better than yesterday – everyday.
Through leadership in innovation, sustainability and color, PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than does any other company. To learn more, visit www.ppg.com and follow @ PPG on Twitter.
Come join us now, apply and add colour to your career!