Supply Chain Manager
Any salary estimation specified by this job board may or may not align with our organization’s pay philosophy. Apply to connect with a Talent Acquisition Partner who can provide more details!
About Day & Zimmermann
When you’ve been around for more than a century, you know a thing or two! At Day & Zimmermann, we take our lifetime of experience and make things better! Our 51,000+ employees help bring big ideas to life every day. We’re pushing the boundaries of innovation in construction & engineering, operations & maintenance, staffing, and security & defense. And that’s not all. Did we mention that we have 150+ worldwide locations with $2.7 billion USD in annual revenue? Come join our in on purpose – We put people to work, we protect American freedoms, and we help our customers power and improve the world. We do what we say.® http://www.dayzim.com
We’re looking for a full-time, staff Supply Chain Manager, MC to join our Day & Zimmermann team located in Charlotte, NC
Responsible for the management, issuance and execution of purchase orders, subcontracts, supplier solicitations and review of purchase order/subcontract terms; Collaborates with key internal stakeholders to ensure Client requirements and schedules are met; Supports key operational stakeholders to ensure SAP and Supply Chain processes are compliant; Lead and participates in the Proposal process
As the Supply Chain Manager, MC, here’s the work you’ll do:
- Develops and leads the execution strategies to improve supply chain performance through process, innovation, and capability development; Drives a culture focusing on process, compliance, metrics and tangible results; Contributes to the ongoing development of Supply Chain best practices across MC; Acts as a change agent to manage and influence change, drive customer focus, and accountability.
- Leads the proposal efforts including the development of the Supply Chain estimate, Project Procurement Plan and strategy, supplier solicitation, sourcing & negotiations and supplier quality verification to ensure the proposal deliverables meets Client expectations. Provides feedback and guidance on Supplier/Subcontractor selections in addition to appropriate risk mitigation strategies for optimal performance.
- Provides oversight and management of the Procurement/Subcontract lifecycle from preparation of the RBL to PO/Subcontract closeout; Develops and administers procurements and subcontracts for MC clients. Reviews and approves Supplier commercial term redlines and negotiates optimal outcomes for MC
- Reviews client contractual terms to develop the flow-down provisions required for the procurement of goods & services; Provides guidance on disputes and risk management/mitigation including on-site problem resolution, pre-qualification of Suppliers and identification of potential risk exposures relating to price and schedule
- Leads, guides, directs and mentors direct reports; Monitors overall team performance, conducts performance reviews, coaches and develops team members
- Engages in timely communication with Supply Chain leadership and Operations' Management of potential issues to ensure and/or mitigate impact to scheduled dates/deliverables
This role is for you if you have these skills:
- Highly proficient in MS Office & SAP with the ability to train and develop staff in current and new technology.
- Advanced negotiation skills with high level of expertise in Purchase Order/ Subcontract review, interpretation and writing
- Forward thinker with quick adaptability to change, possesses strong analytical skills to break paradigms and promote creativity within a matrixed organization. Effective communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to quickly build strong relationships. Strong leadership and team building skills.
- Supply Chain professional with developed business acumen and the proven ability to reduce supply chain costs and improve efficiencies through process improvement and innovation
- Ability to analyze data from various systems/sources to determine opportunity/root cause. Possesses a passion for process and problem solving with a natural desire to simplify processes and optimize efficiency and will to win
And if you have these qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain, Engineering, Finance or equivalent business experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Construction, Power & Industrial Supply Chain
- CPM/ CPSM
We care about our employees and it shows! Our staff receive a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical/Rx, dental and vision coverage; life, AD&D and disability insurance; Employee Assistance Program (EAP); flexible spending accounts; 100% paid maternity leave for up to 12 weeks, parental leave, family leave, other paid time off; voluntary benefits and discount programs to meet our employees’ individual needs including pet insurance for our furry family members!
To ensure a safe work environment while meeting the physical demands of the job, you must be able to perform the following physical and mental tasks, with or without a reasonable accommodation:
- Visual acuity (e.g., needed to prepare and analyze data, to transcribe documents, to view a computer, to read, to inspect objects, to operate machinery.
- Manual Dexterity (e.g. picking, pinching, typing, or other working that uses fingers)
- Capacity to think, concentrate and focus for long periods of time.
- Ability to read complex documents in the English language.
- Capacity to reason and make sound decisions.
- Ability to write complex documents in the English language.
- Capacity to express thoughts orally.
- Expertise in:
- Ability to regularly perform all job functions at Company’s office or worksite.
SO WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? APPLY NOW! Talent Acquisition Partner: Chris Pinto
Diversity, Inclusion & Equal Employment Opportunity
Day & Zimmermann is committed to maintaining an inclusive workforce, where employees are hired, retained, compensated and promoted based on their contributions to our Company. Our collective strength is rooted in over a century of diverse employees and businesses, commitment to success, and delivery on promises made. Federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity laws prohibit employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship status, veteran status and disability status. Day & Zimmermann is committed to providing an equal opportunity work environment in full compliance with these laws. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation in the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, and please specify which position you are interested in, including job title and location.