As a Warehouse Supervisor , you will provide operational direction and analytical support in the management of all warehouse activities on the second shift operations for the Toronto Distribution Center! In this role, you will work in a fast paced D.C. environment with a high degree of speed and accuracy. Are you detail oriented with the ability to work within various levels of our organization and collaborate with external customers? If so, keep reading!
· Provide a safe and healthy work environment for all employees through proper maintenance of equipment and facilities
· Ensures the elimination of health hazards to prevent work stoppage and time loss due to accidents, while ensuring adherence to all applicable environmental, health and safety regulations, standards and policies. Provide effective management processes to ensure safe work behavior by employees.
· Supervise the warehouse team. Ensures each associate understands and adheres to all company policies and procedures regarding safety, health and the environment and that the proper training programs are in place to ensure that all applicable standards are met including total compliance with all DC Standard Operating Procedures.
· Effectively manage associates, encouraging a continuous improvement of individual performance, that the goals for the DC are met or exceeded, and that we meet or exceed all service, quality and cost control requirements; i.e.Variable Cost Per Gallon.
· Assist in the facilitation of regular team meetings to enhance the communications between shifts and teams.
· Ensure that the shift meets or exceeds all training requirements for Federal, State and PPG regulatory law, policies and procedures and the EH&S annual training matrix.
· Track weekly and monthly productivity (Picking Rate) by shift associates.
· Ensure that daily/weekly time reporting requirements are me t . Review and approve payroll hours in Kronos pay system.
· Coordinate PPGs relationship with 3rd party staffing provider, working to ensure seasonal coverage needs are met.
· Support Employee Engagement, and 5S processes and continued improvements.
· Ability to tackle projects and other duties as required.
· Bachelor degree in business administration, management, logistics, supply chain, engineering, or a related field is preferred. Distribution or manufacturing work experience is a plus.
· Excellent judgment, decision-making, written & verbal communication skills are required.
· Strong computer skills: RF guns, SAP experience considered an asset. Microsoft Excel & Office at a minimum.
· Ability to work with all levels of management, internal and external to PPG, customer and vendors.
· Flexible work schedule to work overtime, weekends and holidays as required.
Here at PPG we make it happen, and we seek candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our values, with the commitment and drive to strive today to do better than yesterday – everyday.
PPG: WE PROTECT AND BEAUTIFY THE WORLD™
Through leadership in innovation, sustainability and color, PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than does any other company.. To learn more, visit www.ppg.com and follow @ PPG on Twitter.
The PPG Way
Every single day at PPG:
We partner with customers to create mutual value.
We are insightful, dedicated and proactive. We have intimate knowledge of the market and our customers. We focus on practical solutions that make a difference.
We are “One PPG” to the world.
We are better and stronger together. We leverage our scale to reach new markets and introduce innovative technologies as we differentiate and disrupt our markets.
We trust our people every day, in every way.
We enable and empower our people to make the right decisions. We are inclusive, transparent and respectful. Our feedback is clear and actionable.
We make it happen.
We have a passion for winning. We achieve. We deliver with discipline and integrity. We bring our best energy to our work. We decide and act intelligently and quickly.
We run it like we own it.
We respect one another by being responsible and accountable. We always act in the best interest of our company, customers, shareholders and our communities.
We do better today than yesterday – everyday.
We continuously learn. We develop our people to grow our businesses.
PPG Way: (Click here to learn more about the PPG Way)
We are One PPG: http://one.ppg.com/
PPG provides equal opportunity to all candidates and employees. We offer an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression. If you need assistance to complete your application due to a disability, please email email@example.com.
PPG values your feedback on our recruiting process. We encourage you to visit Glassdoor.com and provide feedback on the process, so that we can do better today than yesterday.
Benefits will be discussed with you by your recruiter during the hiring process.